Sunday, August 07, 2011

Yet Another Video

It's been a while since I posted and I am not too happy about that - but once my life ( i.e. routine) gets disrupted I have the hardest time getting back on track. It is coming though - I am looking forward to daily painting and posting once again starting in September. (or nearly daily posting, for sure daily painting).

My two daughters and grandson are leaving me - round two of the empty nest syndrome! The youngest is back in Ohio already to go to graduate school and  start a career change. The other daughter is moving to Oklahoma with my (only) grandson and her Marine officer husband - and then who knows where after that. I can only hope they will come back to Camp Pendelton and be near me once again.

I will miss them tremendously - but their departure will afford me the opportunity to focus completely on my art again - with few distractions. That is a good and bad thing - I love my "distractions"  and enjoy being with them, but I also love my art-making and enjoy doing that too.

I bumped into this video - found it on another blog called The Abundant Artist - and it just gave me chills. I hope you enjoy it too. It is the poem "Farewell" put to music.  Enjoy!


Blair puts Emily Dickinson's "Farewell" to Music at Detroit's Institute of Arts from Erik Proulx on Vimeo.

As always for those of you getting my blog by email CLICK HERE and watch










Have you visited me here? N S Davis Art Website Nathalie Davis web site

No comments:

Post a Comment