Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hey - where's the toilet?

We are having new hardwood floors installed. I've never done this before. Any work that needed to be done or renovation that were needed I pretty much did my self, and conned Rick into getting involved. This time we are having the entire first floor of the house redone. That entails ripping up tile and carpet and my painted floors. Let me just say right now - I did not think this through. In the last house I ripped about about 6' x 8-10' of tile with a hammer and chisel. It was a horrible job and Rick and I both swore we would never EVER do that again - so we hired out the demo this time, thankfully. Apparently that was such a traumatic experience that I just shoved it out of my memory and happily plod right on into this project with out much thought at all! So in the morning I let the crew in and left to run errands and go to painting class. On my way home I had to go to the bathroom REALLY a lot - so I hurried home ran in the house and saw this!

OK - SHOCK! - First indication that I didn't think about this or plan well enough - no problem - I ran to the powder room and saw this!




What??? Where's the toilet??? Second indicator that I really have not planned well ... so I opened the coat closet to hang up my coat before I ran upstairs to the bathroom and look what I found!!!



I didn't dare laugh as hard as I wanted to or would've wet my pants for sure. I headed up stairs only to find all access thoroughly taped off and sealed with plastic, plus an extreme amount of dust and crud stuck to the plastic just waiting to apply itself to the first available sucker that even tried to pry it from it's guard post protecting the stairs and upstairs rooms - so back to the "toilet closet" - grab my coat and SPEED to Rick's office! I did not plan well at all - but this will be so cool when it is done!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nathalie,
    Thanks so much for posting a link to Art Pub, but how embarrassing that our moderator closed down the group before my contest ended, yikes! Anyhoo, I want to recognize everyone who took the time to comment and add a link. So, if you send me your snail mail address (privately of course) I will send you a little gift. And naturally I would be so thrilled if you wanted to change the link to that of my personal blog which will *not* be deleted anytime soon, tee, hee. http://mbshaw.blogspot.com/
    I am currently caring for my father (who just had surgery) but will be back home next week and will mail your treat!
    Thanks so much.
    Mary Beth Shaw
    mbshaw@mbshaw.com
    www.mbshaw.com

    ps...stay tuned as the ole Artpub gang regroups....

    ReplyDelete