Monday, April 19, 2010

Back in the Studio

Catalog Series #8
Acrylic on  paper
approx 11" x 11"

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this one. They always look so different to me when I see them online. It helps me a lot - for some reason all of the weakness that I didn't see seem to pop right out at me.

I am back in the studio after quite a few weeks. I've lost track.  We had a death in the family and I had to run off to Ohio for a while.  My Mom's companion of 50 years passed rather suddenly - or maybe I should say unexpectedly. He was 90, but very active and in pretty good shape. He was the closest thing I had to a father since my Dad died when I was a little girl. He was not a warm and fuzzy, cuddly kind of guy - but you could always count on him.

Once again - my life is turned upside down and inside out. Every time I think I am starting to get a grip and a plan and things are running more smoothly - WHAM! I guess that is normal though - I seem to hear it from an awful lot of people.

So I am back in the studio, trying to continue with the Catalog Series. Trying to get going again.  Trying to get some painting done as I will be going back to Ohio for about 3 weeks in May. This painting is probably not finished - I have 5 of these in progress right now. After seeing it posted here I am nearly certain it is not finished. But I wanted to get back to painting and posting and it feels good!






Have you visited me here?
Sozo
N S Davis Art Website
I May Not Be A Genius, But...
Nathalie Davis web site

No comments:

Post a Comment