Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Totally Not Art Related and Unplugging

Every now and then I run into some bit of nonsense that appeals to me for some random reason - and here is one of those things for today. Completely useless, yet somehow interesting. I admit I was a bit thrilled when I typed in my youngest daughter's name and found that there are fewer than 6 - and maybe no one else with her name. There is just something really appealing to me about uniqueness in what ever form it show up - even a name.


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
10,488
people with my name in the U.S.A.
How many have your name?

If this doesn't show up in your email - (for those of you who subscribe by email) - you will need to click on the name of my blog (above) and it will redirect you to my blog so you can try this out - if you are interested, that is. Or just go to http://nsdavisart.blogspot.com

And now a thought or two about unplugging.

I am thinking about doing it - and by that I mean getting rid of Facebook, Twitter, all of my other blogs, and just focusing on one combined blog and website.  I have been thinking about doing it for a while now. Seems like a good idea, I mean I can always come back to it. Actually I have been thinking about doing it for quite a while. So WHY - WHY - WHY can't I bring myself to do it? Is this like some sort of addiction? I can't for the life of me figure out why I love technology and playing in cyberspace so much. It is intriguing and baffling...the emotions that come with the thought of unplugging - from excitement and anticipation to grief and dread. It is just craziness.  Really. It's not that big of a deal and I know it. So why won't I just do it? I think it is a bit like giving up on a puzzle before it is solved, or putting down a mystery book before you find out who did it. I am moving closer and closer to unplugging. I will keep this blog and my art www.nsdavisart.com - and let the rest go.

Just think how much more time I would have to actually paint!


Have you visited me here? Sozo N S Davis Art Website I May Not Be A Genius, But... Nathalie Davis web site

No comments:

Post a Comment