Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2 little paintings today

Tet  4" x 3" Acrylic on wood

Yodh  4" x 3"   Acrylic on wood
These two painting are a little larger than the others and I am putting them together because I painted them together and they seem to belong together. I like the  simplicity of them and the grittiness of graphite when it mixes with the paint.

The "tet" is the number 9 and it's literal meaning is a "snake" or "surround," and it means "to surround". It sounds like our letter "t"

The "yodh" or "yood"  is a picture of a closed hand - I can sort of see the arm - elbow - hand idea there. It means "work, a deed, to make."  It is the smallest letter and is commonly thought to be the "jot and tittle" spoken of in the Bible. 
Matt 5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." 
The yodh is the number 10 and is our letter "y"



Have you visited me here? N S Davis Art Website Nathalie Davis web site

No comments:

Post a Comment