Monday, November 08, 2010

Another tiny painting

 Bet - 2.5" x 3.5" Acrylic on wood

I really like this one. I like the way it came out, and I like the colors even though I am not a fan of blue. Bet (or beyt - or beth) is the letter "b or v" and it means "house or tent." It's also the number 2. It's symbolic meaning is "household , in, into or family". Moses would have written it as a 3 room house like in the upper left corner, David would have written it as a a tent on the landscape - like the main triangular image. In the lower right is the contemporary bet in Hebrew,  and on the lower left corner is our English letter.  
Disclaimer: I am not a Hebrew or ancient language scholar - heck, I am not any kind of scholar. I have seen a number of different ways that these letters were written so please don't jump on my case if you disagree - I am just going by the books and reference material I have and PLAYING with this! One thing  - no two things -  remain pretty consistent throughout - that is the number value and the meanings of the letters.

Have you visited me here? N S Davis Art Website Nathalie Davis web site

No comments:

Post a Comment