Friday, February 10, 2012

A New Addition to Blog

It’s something that I am so enthused about that I just have to share it. What’s that you ask? Food and recipes, that’s what. I am so happy with my new way of eating that I am going to start sharing good recipes when I find them.

Here is a little background. On Oct 1, 2011 I had a cholesterol test done and the results were not good. A lot not good, I was one step away from have to go on an Rx to lower it. On Oct 31 and Nov 1, 2011 my husband and I watched Forks Over Knives and Food Inc. on Netflix and the very next day we started converting to veganism and vegetarianism. Watch those videos!! Since that day I have been a very faithful  vegan and the hubby is probably 80% vegan.

Jan 2, 2012 I had another cholesterol test and I just got the results of that. It dropped 29 points!! I am now in the healthy range! No meds and a very happy cardiologist to boot. 29 points in just 8 weeks! just by changing my diet to vegan  - I completely fixed my dangerous cholesterol levels. It has been easy, tasty and delightful. Besides becoming Vegan, we have been experimenting with raw food also. I don’t think we will convert to a raw food diet, but we are including it.

Kale Salad 1

Kale Salad

1 bunch kale, slivered

2 green onions, diagonal sliver

1/2 red bell pepper, fine dice

2 carrots, shredded

1 gold beet, shredded

1/4 cup hemp seed

DRESSING

1/4 cup olive oil

2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

2 Tbsp lemon juice

2 Tbsp Agave

3 garlic cloves

1 Tbsp hemp seed

1 pinch of sea salt

fresh basil and oregano to taste

Prep the veggies. Blend all dressing ingredients. Mix it all up and munch away!

 

There is a raw food restaurant in Encinitas, CA called Peace Pies. A tiny little place off the beaten path.

peace-pies

We first had this salad there. I bought their Recipe book and that is where this recipe comes from. Yum!

RAW recipe book

Enjoy! Let me know if you try it and if you like it.

Now for just a little art update. Here is the state of my home studio at the moment. A new little project under way – stay tuned…

junk-book-start-1

junk-book-start-2

No comments:

Post a Comment