Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Here is what I've been working on currently. The 12" x 12" painting from Sundays post now looks like this. It is not finished, but I have set it aside for a little while. 


Then this old canvas, 18" x 24" which was covered in the start of an old and forgotten collage attempt became the ground for the next endeavor.

 Here is the beginning. I got frustrated trying to collage black tissue on so I just painted the black on. The collaged background was actually wonderful to work on too. It was a nice middle tone gray, all I had to do was add some lights. I did not work from a thumbnail or sketch I worked from life, then took a photo as the flowers were wilting fast from the lights.
From there, I collaged color tissue paper on, and also drew a bit with water soluble wax crayons. There may a few touches of paint in there too - I don't remember. 
 And this is the completed piece. 18" x 24" acrylic and mixed media on canvas.
I may have to go back in and punch up a few small areas that seems to get lost when I sprayed it with fixative, then I'll varnish it too. Maybe even sign it. LOL

1 comment:

  1. cant wait to see what's next. Very nice

    ReplyDelete