Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sydney - day two - QVB

I didn't prepare, research or read up before this trip. Thats pretty unusual for me, as I am a compulsive researcher. However I also know that exploration by the seat of my pants is rather suiting to me. Of course anyone who actually knows me knows thats pretty much how I live my life anyway. That is... when I am not googling the daylights out of something.

Take for example this absolutely gorgeous historic buildings on George St directly across the street from the hotel. It's the Queen Victoria Building, or QVB. I have no idea what the history is  - yet. But it is truly stunning inside and out! Inside is all very high end shopping, outside unfortunately  is road construction, making decent pictures a real challenge.  So here are just a few pics of this gorgeous building. It is truly stunning inside and out! Inside is all very high end shopping, outside unfortunately  is road construction, making decent pictures a real challenge.  So here are just a few pics of this gorgeous building. 
*****Sidetrack- a little mother/daughter toast on the plane :-)*****
OK - now the pictures  of the QVB






There is what seems like miles and miles of these gorgeousç mosaic tile floors


f


I hope to have some time to get back over there for some more pics- it's a beautiful space.


No comments:

Post a Comment