Sunday, October 09, 2016

Resurrection Day!

Today is the day. I'm resurrecting the old blog. I've been contemplating this day for a while and finally decided to go for it.  Geesh! It's been 4 years and 7 months since the last post - and boy have there been a lot of changes! In my life, in my work, in me. I expect to be making some changes in this blog too.

So without going into all the details, I will just share that currently I am working on reinventing myself. It's the first time in my life that I actually feel free to pursue beauty, and pretty. To think things through a little better (if I can) before I just pounce - or act - like I have done most of my life. Impulsive much? Sometimes. I can't make any promises other than to try. I am making every effort to get out of my head and to paint from my emotions and my heart. Geesh - I'm not sure I even really know what that means. Gonna try to find out though.

For those of you who know me personally know that is akin to walking on water - I don't do emotions. They scare me. But I am going to give it my best shot. It is extremely uncomfortable right now, I am way, way out of  my comfort zone and way over my head - but I am committed to going for it.

I've never been a "flower" artist, or an abstract artist, but I've toyed around with it in the past. I'm going to give both of those a real sincere effort for a while and see what happens.

In order to get myself up and moving I have purchased a couple of online classes from Carla Sonheim's site.  I am currently taking Lynn Whipple's Big Bold Bloom 2 class.  I did not take the Big Bold Bloom 1 class, but I might consider it.  I am enjoying it, I am off to a slow start but ramping up, and looking forward to what might show up down the road.

So here are a couple of thumb nails and starts, just to get the ball rolling - Lynn Whipple calls them seed paintings, because they will grow into bigger paintings eventually. Cute. Be sure to visit Lynns blog and view her flower paintings - they are just wonderful.

Here are some thumbnails, (seed paintings) -
And here is a 12" x 12" work in progress (WIP) from the thumbnail I chose to the current state of affairs. It's a chaotic mess - but I have some hope for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment