Friday, December 15, 2006

Fressinier


Here are some paintings that remind me of Gustav Klimpt.




I am not sure why I like them - they are very "girly" which I normally do not like - in fact they are overwhelmingly feminine - NOT my thing at all and yet I do like them.
I know nothing about this artist - it's on my list of things to research. They are single figures, abtract qualities, I do enjoy the texture and pattern and the decorative quality, they seem quite commercial, like posters. They also seem to me to be shallow, I think I would tire of them quickly - in fact I am almost tired of them already! Here is a blurb about the artist I got from Schaffer Gallery: Francois Fressinier was born August 4, 1968 in Cognac, France. His father, a photographer and artist, had a passion for the old masters and guided Francois into the exploration and creation of figurative and symbolic art. Francois studied fine art at Ecole Brassart in Tours, France. Over the last decade Francois has perfected his artistic style of neoclassicism, and has done countless hours of research and study of the old masters techniques. Though accomplished at various styles of art, his favorite subject matter finds itself in the ethereal romantic presence of sensuous women. Many of his paintings combine ideas taken from his heritage, European history, and landscape. It is evident in his work that he has been significantly influenced by artists like Da Vinci, Titian, and other Masters of the Renaissance.

No comments:

Post a Comment