Friday, September 11, 2009

Cupcake Oil Painting Today


Cupcake
5" x 8"
Oil on board

I did this painting for the Different Strokes From Different Strokes web challenge. I may have to rephotograph it though. The background color looks nearly perfect as well as the shadow colors - but the frosting looks too blue. Thank you to Dominique Eichi for reminding me about the challenge. I really enjoy doing it and it's fun to see how many different ways there are to interpret the same thing. It felt so good to paint again, to do a sort of traditional oil. I may do a couple more before I return to my abstract experiments.


Have you visited me here?

I May Not Be A Genius, But...
Nathalie Davis web site
Nathalie S Davis Blog

2 comments:

  1. Im new to this blogger thing and I was just browsing some other blogs and came across yours, and I must say i love your work!

    -Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casey - I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete