Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still underpainting today

I wasted a ton of time today. I think out of fear.


When I did finally mosey into the studio I  was grabbing at smoke again, so I just started painting. Using acrylics still. I am afraid that if I switch to oil now I will begin picking away and noodling - maybe. Probably. After I took the photo I decided I had lost all the drama of the light and threw this diox purple wash over it.




Now maybe I am sorry I did that. I don't know though. I do know that this is NOT going where I was hoping - although it isn't bad and I can probably pull off a pleasant enough painting from it.  I hope tomorrow I don't waste so much time and I get right to painting in the morning before I have to go to work.

Have you visited me here?

I May Not Be A Genius, But...
Nathalie Davis web site
Nathalie S Davis Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment