Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Daily Painting - Shell

 
I haven't done a knife painting in quite a while and I loved doing this. I forgot how much! This may be my favorite way to paint actually. There are a lot of little highlight speckling in this photo, as it is still on the easel and really, really wet. I started out thinking I would do a companion piece to this other shell (see below), which I did last year I think. As usual, the painting just took it's own path, and while I am pretty happy with it I wouldn't call it a companion piece. One is a knife painting and the other is a brush painting - lots of difference in textures. Guess I will have to try again.
By the way - did you know you can double click on the photos and they will open larger? Yep, try it - you can see a lot more detail that way.



Have you visited me here?

I May Not Be A Genius, But...
Nathalie Davis web site
Nathalie S Davis Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment