Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Busy and somewhat productive day



So I havent had a chance to try to repair the mask painting. Here is a photo of it - still damaged. Another thing for my unreasonably long "to do" list. I was fairly happy with the portrait I did in class yesterday. I feel like I finally was successful in the procedural part of starting and building the painting. I started with large blocks of color - successfully. It is a concept that I have been taught but haven't been able to really carry it out very well. This time I feel like I did, and I am fairly happy with the result. The color is better - just not enough contrast and value change. I will put this on my to do list also. Tomorrow morning is my experimental water media class - and I really look forward to it. The people in the class are very comfortable to be with and it is just a big fun play time - no big expectations or pressure to do anything - but play with paint and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment