Wednesday, September 20, 2006

LISTS FOR OIL PAINTING

THINGS I HAVE IMPROVED ON:
1. putting more paint on
2. mixing colors better
3. not blending as much
4. slowly getting better at likenesses
5. more motivated, more desire
6. beginning to believe in myself more
7. becoming more focused



I NEED WORK ON:
1. more form definition, 3D and depth
2. more atmosphere and drama
3. improved likenesses
4. more interesting/better paint application
5. having a "vision" of what I want so it's not just a person sitting there
6. work on features
7. work on hands
8. more surface interest
9. think ahead, plan in advance, "see" the painting finished
10. seeing and then interpreting/replicating color and value
11. not being so literal
12. not being "held hostage" by subject matter
13. more confidence - no fear
14. keeping my goal(s) defined, in view and staying focused

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...Thinking about that 3D thing, I don't think that's what I want. I think maybe I prefer depth from lighting. That is what I see in Linda CHristensen's work - her figures have some form but the real depth in her paintings come from the way she uses lighting. While I would love to have the SKILLS to do trompe L'oile 3D type stuff(SP?) - I no longer have the attention span, or desire and that is just not what interests me.

    ReplyDelete