Thursday, January 24, 2008

Portrait from Class

ROBERT 12" X 16" OIL ON CANVASBOARD

I did this portrait of Robert in my Tuesday portrait class at Studio 2nd Street It is about a 6 hour portrait. It has an unfortunate accident on the way home from class. I had it laying flat in the back of the 4Runners and when I turned a corner a box of art supplies slid right across the the top of it, smearing the face quite badly. That was pretty frustrating and disappointing because I was feeling quite pleased with this painting. It looks like progress to me - I am still not where I want to be, but at least I have turned enough of a corner that I no longer feel like quitting altogether. I tried to fix it up when I got home, I guess it's OK now. OF course I can still see damage, but I don't think any one else will be able to find it...at least I hope. Actually - the repairing process was a learning experience too, so I guess i will be thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment