Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Teeny Tiny Painting


FLOWERS AND A PLUM 3" X 4" OIL ON MASONITE

Here is today's "hour long painting." OK, so it's approximately an hour probably plus a little. I have a timer that I set at 15 minute intervals, the idea being the first 15 minutes is for the sketch, second 15 minutes for the blocking in then two 15 minute sessions for the finishing of the painting, however, I can never seem to remember to hit the start button after the first 2 times. By that time I am into the painting and completely forget. But I do know that I went into my studio at 9:30 AM, took a little while to get set and situated, painted, and broke at 11AM to take photos of the finished piece, so that's about an hour. Actually, this is a little smaller that 3 x 4 by a few eighths of an inch. It's a fun new challenge, painting this small.

No comments:

Post a Comment