Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Painting forJoy Project


Joy in the Morning
12" x 16"
Acrylic on hardboard

The title is tentative. The titles for all of these "Joy Project" paintings are tentative. Actually I think what I would like to do is get a bunch done and put them together, and then name them - while they are all together, I actually think they will "tell" me their names then. I like this one, but it is actually a bit darker than what I was going for. Actually I am not sure about it - but I will set it aside as part of the project for now and see how things develop. I am short on patience these days - still battling headaches -and allergies, and generally feel cruddy. Ugh. It seems like I just keep slipping further and further behind and having less and less energy. "This too shall pass" and I am so ready for it to.

Oh gosh - I almost forgot to tell you! I got the coolest birthday present over the weekend from my sister-in-law and brother-in-law - BUGS and Butterflies! The bugs are beetle type things from Indonesia and the iridescent colors and patterns are amazing! and the butterfly is magenta and lavender and green and black one one side and browns and green on the other, from Papua New Guinea. They are mounted under glass so I haven't had any luck getting photos yet, but I will keep trying. For sure I will be doing paintings from them. Incredible. I think birds and bugs and tropical fish are often like God's jewelry for the earth - such beautiful and amazing little creatures. Oh look - I found the butterflies on www.butterfly-design.com which is where they came from. I think the colors on mine are much richer than shown here - but you get the idea. Awesome.






Visit me here:
www.NathalieDavis.com
NathalieSDavis.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Nathalie - Thanks for your encouraging thoughts - very kind of you :) I do have fun with artistic expression with my children, but I am finding that I miss the shows, workshops, and general artistic "fellowship" that I use to spend so much time doing. Children grow up too quickly, soon I can be back creating more paintings.

    However, I did not take what you said lightly, I will endeavor to try a bit harder a each day to find the time to produce something more - maybe someday on my blog there will actually be more than thoughts -- creations instead! :)

    ReplyDelete