Monday, May 12, 2008

Day One @ Andreeva Portrait Academy

Today was the first day of the workshop with Carol Marine at the Andreeva Portrait Acadamy. Once again - my throat is still on fire and I am exhausted. Thought maybe I was getting a little fever but I'm not sure. So far the weather has been beautiful. I am really enjoying walking to and from class, but it's supposed to rain so I am not so sure I will love that. So I got to class early and claimed my easel. They had name tags made out to put on the easels so the instructor would have an easy way of identifying you. when the top is on it is pretty much airtight and her brushes don't dry out.



I've heard so much about the Andreeva Portait Academy - they have some pretty top notch teachers here and it's usually pretty expensive I thought, but it's nothing really very special. Don't get me wrong - it is nice, but rather smallish. It's on the second floor, a little hard to find. It's nice and bright, so take a look around -












I am not sure how the portrait room works - it is very tiny, seems like anly a couple of people could set in there to paint - but the light is nice. Then here is Carol and her set up, and the painting she did for the demo.
She used a Gorilla box, but check out the brush holder her husband made for her from PVC pipe, pretty handy.









So I am off to bed. There are so many things I wanted to get done while I am here - reading, studying, thinking, drawing - as well as some sight seeing and a bit of shopping. Unfortunately, since I am not feeling so well - I am just exhausted by the end of class, so bedtime for me. Darn.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nathalie,

    I appreciate your honest feedback. I want to let you know that I sent your link to Andreeva's owner. The best of luck to you in your painting endeavors!

    Sincerely,

    Michelle (Andreeva Portrait Academy)

    ReplyDelete