Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day Two in Santa Fe



This is my painting from yesterday, a fruit tart and a shiny black teapot. It was hard to get going, the first day at a workshop is always uncomfortable and awkward for me. I am having a particularly hard time with my work space this time. I just can't seem to get it organized and working for me. In addition to the fact that all of the panels I made and brought with me are just absolutely awful! I used clear gesso on them and they just suck up the paint and it's just awful. I went to the art store and bought all new panels for the rest of the workshop.



...and here is Carol diligently working away, studying her set up through her view finder.








Jeanne Bauer and Lieza Ziontz watch the demo, along with Amy Stewert who has gotten comfy on the floor. Amy, by the way is the author of three books.












My painting for today is this orange pepper on a blue plate.
Then Matt Moffett, Lieza Ziontz, Pam Hoffmeister and I went to this little restaurant - and I mean little - Pasquales. Great atmosphere and wonderful food. I had Mango gazpacho and carne asada skewers with guacamole - yummy!







I had to take a pic in the ladies room - if I didn't know better, I would have thought that the counter tops were real turquoise stone instead of tile. Luscious, gorgeous, rich color. If you look closely you can see in the mirror some tin shapes which border the room and appear to be embedded in the walls. there was also some really neat art in this teeny tiny WC - but the pics didn't turn out. What a great day - plus I am starting to feel better. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Is this in New Mexico? I mean Santa Fe?!!! I love this bathroom! It's prettier than the one at the Yellow Coyote Tortilla or whatever that restaurant is called! Sooo pretty...love ya! jesse moya.........

    ReplyDelete