Tuesday, June 03, 2008

# 9 Blue Flower and Jasmine


This is one of my favorite things in the whole world. Jasmine - in full bloom and fragrance, especially in the evenings. The fact that they are intertwined in a palm is just a bonus. I always wanted to live somewhere that palm trees grew and by golly - here I am. It just doesn't get much better than this. It is just wonderful. Little white stars floating in a sea of deep green.
Here is today 's daily painting. It just makes me laugh. I can't believe how many bad decisions I made in this painting. A yellow glass vase sitting on pink paper on a gray table top in my black shadowbox with a blue flower. Man - I did not think that one through at all. Actually it was fun to paint - and as if there wasn't enough crazy nonsensical color the yellow glass mixed with the pink paper makes orange highlights and reflections. Lesson learned: pay attention and think about what your doing! Ha ha ha ha

Visit me here:
NathalieSDavis.blogspot.com
www.NSDavisArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment