Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Vacation and Thank You!

So what does a peacock have to do with anything? Nothing really - it's just a beautiful bird. This one is standing on the barn roof in the evening sun, stamping his feet and shimmying - trying to attract the attention of one of the many bored and indifferent females wondering around. This was shot at the historic Leo Carrillo Ranch, which we live very near to.
So first and most important - THANK YOU to everyone who has purchased my daily paintings, who reads my blogs and sends me email. I love and appreciate you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your support means so much to me and keeps me going.
Speaking of going...I am going on vacation until after July 4Th. Actually, this is not completely a vacation - I have several show/gallery opportunities coming up and I have to spend every minute I can painting for these, then a day or two off with family at the lake. These paintings will be larger work - more time and energy consuming. I will try to post a few to this blog as I complete them - but no promises!
I am feeling so overwhelmed right now - it seems that not only is my career as an artist taking off - it has almost exploded! There are too many opportunities and good things going on right now that I can't even list them - but I will try to keep you updated as I can - when I get a minute. In fact I just dropped my Web Designing class at the college because I just have too much going on. Finding a housekeeper is proving to be extremely difficult and more time consuming that I ever guessed it would be, as is getting AC estimates - so many little tasks and "to do" annoyances - they seem to just eat up time and energy. Oh well - it sounds like I am complaining and I am not - I am so blessed it's unbelievable at times. So enjoy your Fourth and
I will be back with my little daily paintings after that, don't wander off too far.
Have a great Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment